Osteoarthritis is a chronic health condition that causes trouble for a great number of people. While being a disease that makes human joints hurt, it oftentimes leads to a substantial reduction in mobility, a feeling of discomfort, and a lower quality of life.
Despite the fact that osteoarthritis cannot be cured completely, its symptoms might be efficiently reduced with the help of different physical exercises, over-the-counter drugs, or prescription medications (for instance, hyaluronan products).
Below, you will find a detailed overview of Synvisc One 6 ml, one of the most effective treatments for osteoarthritis-related knee joint pain.
“A different way to treat osteoarthritis knee pain,” – these words on the Synvisc-One website describe a product’s basic properties pretty well. While being an innovative medication that has a positive effect on synovial tissues, it has the power to provide a patient with substantial pain relief, even when it comes to severely inflamed knee joints.
The Synvisc brand is manufactured by a global company Sanofi (France). Therefore, it stands side-by-side with other healthcare solutions, such as Adlyxin, Apidra, Allegra, and many more.
Only a certified healthcare practitioner should inject Synvisc-One since it is a prescription medication. Also, it is the most popular and essential product of the Synvisc brand.
The composition of Synvisc-One consists of several following ingredients:
- Hylan-polymers (or, when being more precise, hylan G-F 20). While being the substances that might be found in chicken combs, they function as the main active ingredient of the product;
- Sodium chlorides. They strengthen the efficiency of hylan-polymers and ensure the best possible result after the product’s injection.
The composition of Synvisc-One does not contain lidocaine. However, healthcare professionals might apply topical anesthetics to reduce the injection site pain before the procedure.
Together, the above-mentioned ingredients constitute an efficient formula to fight osteoarthritis-related pain in knee joints. On average, they ensure patients with a durable result that might last up to 6 months.
What’s in the box? The package of Synvisc-One 6ml includes one prefilled syringe with 6ml of the product.
The main usage indication of Synvisc-One is joint pain in the knee that occurred as a result of osteoarthritis. The product is intended to provide a patient with substantial pain relief.
Namely, it is a medication that is indicated for the treatment of knee joint pain if a patient didn’t manage to respond adequately to other qualified health-care methods of conservative nonpharmacologic therapy, such as physical therapy and simple analgesics.
Synvisc-One belongs to intra-articular injectables. In other words, the product should be administered via intra-articular injections.
Synvisc-One should not be used under one of the following circumstances:
- If a patient has an allergic reaction to any component of the product (especially hylan G-F-20);
- If a patient lives with a serious health complication (like untreated epilepsy, autoimmune disease, or diabetes mellitus);
- If a patient suffers from ongoing skin disease around the injection site;
- If a patient takes any incompatible with Synvisc-One medications (to avoid any unwanted drug interactions).
Similar to other hyaluronan-based products, Synvisc-One should not be injected into patients with known hypersensitivity to eggs, birds, and feathers.
Moreover, the product should not be administered to lactating women and pregnant women. As well, it is contraindicated to people under the age of 21.
Possible Side Effects
Despite the increased safety of the product that has been proven by numerous clinical trials, some patients claim to experience several side effects after the procedure. Among the most commonly reported adverse events after the injection of Synvisc-One are:
- The fluid build-up at the area of the treatment;
- Joint effusion, stiffness, or swelling;
- The anaphylactic reaction or anaphylactoid reaction;
- Joint warmth;
- Temporary injection site pain or discomfort in the target knee.
Moreover, Synvisc injections might also lead to the appearance of such adverse effects as hypersensitivity reactions or allergic reactions in the injected knee.
Synvisc-One is a safe product that rarely leads to any potentially severe complications. A vast majority of side effects that might appear after the procedure are temporary and do not require any medical help.
After-Treatment Recovery Recommendations
To maximize the efficiency of the treatment and minimize the risk of any complications, a patient should follow these after-treatment recovery recommendations for the first several days after the procedure:
- Avoid prolonged weight-bearing activities;
- Stay away from strenuous exercising;
- Evade using any products that contain quaternary ammonium salts at the injection site;
- Do not spend too much time on your feet.
As well, a patient might reduce inflammation and pain by applying a pack of ice to the area of the treatment.
Where to Buy Synvisc-One 6ml Online?
You might beneficially purchase Synvisc-One 6ml online on Fillercloud. It is an experienced supplier of medical and cosmetic injectables that provides its customers with:
- A broad selection of original brand-name products;
- Beneficial wholesale prices;
- Quick worldwide delivery.
Only a qualified health-care professional is eligible to buy Synvisc One and other prescription-based products online. Thus, make sure to upload a valid medical license to Fillercloud prior to placing your order.
So, make your purchase at any time and ensure the best possible wholesale price for Synvisc-One 6ml and a great number of other intra-articular injectables. Feel the power of Fillercloud’s “customer-first” approach!